DOES IT REFLECT?
I still remember when I was working as a security officer at Makro Crown Mines in Johannesburg. I was an undercover officer, I'll walk around the store looking for people who might be up to criminal activities. One thing about that position is that customers will never approach you and ask for your help, rather they'll go to my co-workers who were on uniform for the assistant they need.
At some time, I'll see when the customer needs assistance and even though I would try to assist they'll feel uncomfortable, even though I knew.
As I've given my life to God, I came to be in the shoes of those customers. We got fellow brothers and sisters who are not recognized as Christians but they know that they are, referring to the way they act, dress up and talk.
It's like we're in the same book but stuck in different pages, quoting verses to protect ourselves.
"All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the servant of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work." - 2 Timothy 3:16-17
Our fellow sisters dress like the girls we left from the world, they protect themselves saying that God is looking into the heart not outwards appearance.
"The Lord does not look at the things people look at. People look at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart." - 1 Samuel 16:7
Don't you know that such things may turn out to be stumbling stones towards other believers. As God is fixing your heart allow as well the way you act, dress up and talk be fixed as well.
"Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will." - Romans 12:2
We're told to surrender to God with our soul, heart and strength.
"Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength." - Mark 12:30
This way, our lives will be a reflection of our faith, and we'll be able to live according to God's will.
NOW!
1. Does my outward appearance and behavior reflect my inner faith and values?
2. How can I ensure that my actions and choices align with my commitment to God and my faith?

Comments
Post a Comment