NOT AGAIN


 After finishing my grades at Shadrack F Zibi Memorial School, I told myself that I wouldn't come back to this school. I was convinced that I wouldn't set foot in those yards again. I moved from Khayakhulu, Rustenburg to Johannesburg to pursue further studies at college. Unfortunately, things didn't go as planned, and I found myself drifting through life, hitting rock bottom.


My former principal invited me to speak to the learners, but due to personal issues, I couldn't make it. Later, I received a text from a friend mentioning that some students were using and selling drugs at school. This news hit me hard, given my past experiences with substance abuse and the challenges I faced overcoming them.


Five years passed, and I found myself back at the principal's office, sharing my story with her. I ended up negotiating to take a stand and preach to the learners about the word of God. Seeing the learners pay attention to the Bible and accept my testimony touched my heart. Despite some community members opposing my actions, I continued to share my story.


As I reflect on this journey, I'm reminded of biblical verses that have guided me.

 II Corinthians 1:4 says, "Who comforts us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort those who are in any trouble, with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God."

 Isaiah 61:1 resonates with me, "The Spirit of the Lord God is upon Me, Because the Lord has anointed Me To preach good tidings to the poor..." 

Romans 10:13 also gives me hope, "For 'whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved.'"


My experience reminds me of Nehemiah, who rebuilt the wall of Jerusalem despite trials and opposition. As a servant of God, he knew that "The joy of the Lord is our strength." I'm still visiting schools and prisons, preaching and sharing my testimony. I believe that my struggles were not curses but opportunities for growth and shaping my life. It's all about faith.


How has your faith or spirituality helped you navigate difficult times?

Comments

  1. I'm so proud of you Mr Lerasa. You're truly a vessel of Christ

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so proud of u Less, what you're doing really helps others who are facing the same challenges u faced

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mission2/17/2026

    Continue with the work of God very inspirational

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

ADDICTION DOESN'T HAVE POWER OVER ME!

NOT LIKE YOURS!